- Cultural assimilation was key to ancient Rome's rise: http://t.co/abQQtySaU1 Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur. :)
- Good analysis. https://t.co/nxnHZXdTmq
- How to deal with technical debt: https://t.co/5lTmjgBsuO The Shame File is an excellent idea!.
- RT @noUpside: McSweeney's List: Nihilistic Password Security Questions. http://t.co/ytPXzGQcSD (there are more. click through.) http://t.c…
- Excellent debunking by Oxford Dictionaries of sentence-ending prepositions: they're OK! http://t.co/B5B5UP6heL
- Beautiful and amazing images here! https://t.co/mpyZJl6Gpr
- @CassidyQuinn Somebody proposed on 1st night (of 3) at my B&B and got turned down. She paid half when leaving. #awkward
- RT @ScripttheWeb: Expressive #ES6 features that shine in #nodejs 4.0 http://t.co/1Kyitk7L7w via @arslan_mecom
Help Us Look for Aliens!
Whether you believe in Benevolent Overlords or BEMs, it behooves us to find the aliens before they find us. You know they’re out there, and it would be a lot less disruptive to find their radio signals than it would be to welcome them in person. The SETI project has been searching for years, using hundreds of thousands of computers to process data from Arecibo using the BOINC distributed computing screensaver.
If you have some spare cycles, join my team: AstroScum — Team 747680. Our combined score is pretty good for only 3 people, but it’s tough to compete against those with access to server farms. Join my team and share the credit when we discover the first verifiable alien signals!