The Fortune Cookie is a current side project of mine. First, I ported the old Unix file-based fortune cookie program to PHP (as seen here), and now I am in the process of converting it to store quotations in a custom MySQL table. I'm currently using Ajax to inject the cookie into the page, but the in-development version uses the WordPress REST API to collect information from the backend. The end result will be a WordPress plugin.
Recently on Twitter as @dffmonolith
Most of my writing these days is in 140-character chunks, and here are my most recent tweets.
- Excellent: very detailed look at the entire #WordPress stack: https://t.co/e0eAU9XiZK
- @8EJ3 2/3 you say? I bet you if I got the job for $91M and offered you half of that to build it, you'd take it. :)
- Ridiculous! I would've done it for half that.... https://t.co/UP2RjHO18A
- After seeing @XKCD's Universal Installer, maybe Photoshop Patch tool really could patch SW! https://t.co/g09uZqhE6d #NotTheWorstIdea
- Good stuff. https://t.co/hGrtMboy5x
- Beautiful pix of coffee splashing for @peetscoffee by splash photography specialist: https://t.co/hMCHdmPMpW Talk about niche!
- Interesting read: outdated best practices are killing mobile Web performance: https://t.co/DpyPTW3Giu Some good suggestions.
- @8EJ3 Going commando, as it were.
Help Us Look for Aliens!
Whether you believe in Benevolent Overlords or BEMs, it behooves us to find the aliens before they find us. You know they’re out there, and it would be a lot less disruptive to find their radio signals than it would be to welcome them in person. The SETI project has been searching for years, using hundreds of thousands of computers to process data from Arecibo using the BOINC distributed computing screensaver.
If you have some spare cycles, join my team: AstroScum — Team 747680. Our combined score is pretty good for only 3 people, but it’s tough to compete against those with access to server farms. Join my team and share the credit when we discover the first verifiable alien signals!